Thursday, June 5, 2008

Edward's Eyes



Edward's Eyes
Patricia MacLachlan
Grades: Late 3 - 7
Rating 7/10

My 14 year old daughter took one look at this book and said “Edward dies doesn’t he? I can just tell.” All she had done was look at the cover and read the blurb. I had the same feeling the minute I started the book. MacLachlan was able to capture an air of anticipation through her incredibly gentle writing. Readers will simply know that something bad or sad is going to happen. I will admit that I am a bit of a sap and love a good cry and I was not disappointed!! This is an incredibly touching story.

I would recommend Edward’s Eyes as pleasure reading to those students in grades 4-7 that have shown an interest in very human, emotional stories. This is not a book that I would recommend to the die hard fantasy reader.